Protective with an antique effect
What it is used for
Oldstone is a protective substance with an antiquing effect. It completely takes care of natural stone absorption and maintenance problems. After aging the product prevents the absorption of liquids, leaving good transpiration of treated material and also giving it an antique appearance. It is ideal for areas that have been hammered, flamed, polished, or sanded (treatments that significantly increase the absorption and the ease with which they can become dirty
• Excellent penetration of substrates
• High chemical resistance to water, solvents, alkalis and chemicals in general
• Ideal also on non-shiny surfaces (hammered, flamed, shiny, sanded, etc.)
• Gives stone an antique and pleasant toning
• Guaranteed protection for years
• Does not change the freezing characteristics of the stone: lets it breathe (i.e. it is transparent)
How to use the product
Oldstone must not be diluted. It can only be applied on dry surfaces, also in depth, in order to allow complete polymerization of the substances contained in the product. Wash with a Cleanstone scrubbing brush. After washing, wait until the substrate has completely dried, remove dust deposits and proceed with the treatment. Shake the container before use, pour into a bowl and dip a suitable medium pile roller (with solvents resistant fabric) into it. Oldstone must be rolled strongly for a long time, so as to allow the wetting of the pores in depth, and rolling must be crossed several times, taking care to treat the surface in the same each time the roller is used.
Types of stone recommended
All natural stone you wish to give an antique effect to.
Strictly depends on the porosity of the stone: approximately 5 m2 / litre
Surfaces on which it application is recommended